Saturday, March 7, 2009

Simplicity Project #7


This week I tackled a very small but practical project. The "bottle station" in our kitchen. As I near the end of our season with bottles, I am not ashamed to tell you that I cannot wait until they are gone. No more nipples and other paraphernalia to scrub daily. Why in the heck each bottle has to have their own unique "flow system" complete with extra do dads to clean, I am unsure! I would take them out of the dish washer and just throw them on the counter. What a mess! This week I decided to tidy up and make a commitment to fill the bottles with water each time I take them out of the dishwasher, leaving them completely ready for formula that is room temperature. Just the way Hope likes it.
Before

After

I realize this is a very small and seemingly insignificant simplicity project. But you'd be surprised how much little things like this affect your state of mind. I would look over at all this junk and get stressed because I felt like it took so much energy to keep it organized. Then I just gave up and was left with this mess. It will take some level of commitment to keep it tidy, but it's definitely worth my peace of mind!

No comments: