Monday, March 23, 2009

Simplicity Project #8


This week I took on a project that doesn't necessarily mean simplicity but rather cleanliness.
The refrigerator.
You probably can't tell much in these pictures, but I did throw a lot away. How many bottles of salad dressing does one really need? This is one of those projects that I absolutely hate doing and rarely do. Tonight was trash night so I thought it would be the perfect time to throw food away.
The Fridge Before

The Fridge After

After spending the 10 minutes it took to tackle it, I've decided that I will do this once a month, on trash night!

Speaking of once a month . . . as you can probably tell by the fact that I am behind on my projects, finding the time to do a simplicity project once a week was probably a bit of a lofty goal for me. As I said in my post last week, the minute your attempt to simplify things makes your life harder, you've missed the point. Therefore, I am admitting my limitations and turning this little experiment into a monthly blog post. I hope you will still be encouraged by my projects even though they will be less frequent. Hey, maybe because I'm only doing it once a month I will have time to tackle the big things again. But I suppose I shouldn't go promising things . . . it always gets my in over my head.

No comments: