Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Simplicity Project #9



I really am trying to keep up with my blogging. But it just seems the busier I get at work, the busier I get at home. The older Hope gets, the more attention she requires. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around? Not with my little explorer. I'm in a constant state of lookout. Needless to say she can now say, NO. . . and shake her head. She sees mommy do it all day long!

This week I took on a project I've needed to do for a long time. It doesn't matter how much I want to keep my bathroom cabinets neat and tidy, with all that crap it takes to make me look half-way decent, I don't stand a chance of keeping it simple! But I managed to cut down on a little bit of clutter. What with Hope now exploring each and every door she can open, I had to make sure she wasn't met with a landslide of hair product!

Take a look at this mess before. . .


And after. . .


You should see the pile of stuff I trashed or found a new home for! I really purposed to throw out things I wasn't using. Take the bag of old Clinique makeup for instance. I used to work for Clinique about 10 years ago. . . so when I found a bag full of makeup I got for free as an employee, I figured it was OK to toss it out. If I haven't used that shade of lipstick in 10 years, it's likely not the right color for me!

This week I encourage you ladies to tackle your bathroom. Get rid of that suntan lotion from 5 years back. It's likely lost it's SPF power by now! This stuff has a shelf life people. Let's not put our bodies in danger because we can't bring ourselves to toss it!

No comments: